I don't know what Chinese langauge this is but it must be the same as Kung Hei Fat Choi (A little help here please?). This is my first Chinese Lunar New Year - as in with actual people celebrating it. The closest celebration I have ever experienced was watching a dragon dance being performed in my previous company and eating tikoy. When I came back from my holiday in Manila, there were already some establishments laden with decorations of red and gold, fortune plants, gold rats and small trees of kumquats (correct my spelling and if I'm wrong, sa atin pang mga pinoy eto yung tinatawag nating kiat-kiat). It will be a 2 day holiday for me (as mandated by the government), but most of the offices will be closed starting on Feb 6 til Feb 11. Most of the shops and malls will be closed during the entire holiday so there is not much left to do but hang in the house or the park (and for me, to scrap!)...
So I took baby on a field trip today to capture some of the decors set here in Suntec:
My happy place...

Chinese lanterns...
Real live trees with those little oranges (kiat-kiat)

Suntec Tower One - where my office is located... It's one of those rainy days...

Lobby of the Suntec Convention Center

Flowers from the walkway of Suntec to Citilink

View from the walkway... see the Singapore Flyer?

CNY decorations at Citilink Mall

Art deco / Bas Relief at Citilink

This is my current world... Just sharing...

No comments: