Smack 'em!

11:12 PM | 4 Comments

So I have this habit of reading scrapsmack.blogspot.com to amuse myself. Most of the time, I get really practical ideas on how to manage your stash and read scrapbooking insider news and gossips. I know that this is the site were the 'ugliness' of the scrapbooking world are laid out, but this time it got to the point where it got really downright offensive. Some posters have openly insulted Filipinos - calling us dog eaters and conniving b*tches. Atf irst, I did feel my blood boil and I wanted to post and retaliate in defense. But my senses got a hold of me. If I did post and gave them my fair share of insults, then I am no better than these ignorant posters. I find it ironic that such ugliness can come out of 'scrapbooking'. Okay, there are really some people who take scrapbooking seriously, but there are also some of us who view it as just that - a hobby. It's scrapbooking for goodness sake! These people have their panties in a wad, seriously. They would downright go that low just to prove what? That they are superior because of the color of their skin? It's really absolutely ridiculous that I won't say a word about it anymore (yes, this is me being passive aggressive). I won't go that road.
Just venting..
God bless the Philippines!

4 comments:

Liza said...

hi pearl. i got curious with your post and checked out the site you mentioned. and i totally agree, they are way too rude! they seem to be taking things way too seriously and to the point of bitching about other people's works. you are right, reacting to them is stooping their level. i just feel sad that these people would think they are far superior but wouldn't even identify themselves in their posts.

Mia said...

hi pearl, have sent you several emails but with no response from you. i would really appreciate it if you could answer them. thanks.

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

hi pearl, napuyat ata ako kagabi dahil pinagtyagaan kong basahin yong 500 post nila! I copied the posts and send them to our fellow scrappers, plus my auntie who's in US now. Yah your correct dyan Liza, they were telling so much offensive things about us Filipinos but they cannot put their names naman in their post. But somehow I can feel that these people are just sour graping because we Filipinos are far better of than them. Goodluck na lang sa kanila!

weddingsbirthdaysatbp. said...

I think those people who are posting all that rudiness are maybe same members of that blogspot, just to keep their blog hot and alive. It could be their job. Just my two cents.