Going to Universal Studios in LA and meeting Shrek..

Ogre-Luv

* from my earlier scrapbook pages *

I hope he's doing fine after the fire that hit the theme park a few weeks back. I have some really fond memories there - wandering alone, queuing (?) to get into the Backdraft studios, drinking a liter of Coke from my Spongebob sipper, the crazy cool Mummy ride..
I heard and read that the studio lot where those sets that replicated the streets of New York, sets of Back to the Future, the semi-scary Jaws were badly damaged by the fire. I wonder if the set of Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives and the crashed plane from War of the Worlds were counted as casualties. Sayang naman...
I'm really grateful that I was able to go to this place.. I really hope to someday go back - and hopefully Universal Studios will be as glorious and magical as ever.

No comments: