Treats

1:21 PM | 0 Comments

Yipee...I now have my own..Thanks parkavenueprincess for selling and holding it for me..


Here in SIN we are still feeling the aftershock that is CHA Winter 08. The new wares are just pouring in week after week (see here and here). The kits that I am subscribed to right now pretty much covers what I need (and more),but sometimes if the new products are too hard to resist, goodness help me but I ain't gonna deprive myself for a li'l some-n-some. Last week on a Wednesday I met CK at LP to get my SC kits. A supposedly short meeting turned into an hour of conversation about scrapbooking (and little trinkets of life and travel). Since it was a Wednesday night, we had the chance to see the new products that were going to be sold the next day. I picked these up:



because (a) it was the last piece on display ; (b) I thought the packaging . I also got this:


The colors are so alive and I like that it's sort of 'androgynous'. And I think the combination of yellow and black is fantastic!

Note: I got 10 stamps for my VIP card because of the total purchase. Okay,before you guys say HOARD, CK was generous enough give me her share of the stamps, and LP was still in NS month spirit so for a minimum total purchaseof $**#!, you get 20% off the total receipt and double stamps! How's that for fastracking my membership?

The next day to unwind after an over-the-top crazy day in the office, I wentto MWL because I saw that the new HS mirrors were already available. I got to MWL so late (around quarter to 9pm, they were already about to close shop) that this is the only mirror left on the display rack:


I am sort of clueless sometimes when it comes to birds, but I thought I can use it on some Jaden layouts. And the coolest thing is there are so many things you can do to the mirrors, like masking, adding rubons, and gasp! -use a flourish stamp on a glue pad and pour some of that really nice crushed velvet flock for texture! But leaving the mirror be is just as cool, I think.

I read how a DT member of Art Declassified loves the new Adirondack Pigment Inks. Since I got 2 stamps from Stampers Anonymous (the Tim Holtz designs are really good):



I might as well pick two pads to try out. The ink pad is really wet so a little dab on the stamp was actually enough to cover an area. Although I am admittedly not an expert at stamping, I am loving the Adirondak pigment inks.



Note: How do you store your inkpads? I read a very, very long time ago that in order for the stamp pads not to dry up easily they should be stored upside down. Dunno if this is true but I do have stamp pads from 2 years ago that I store that way and they are still pretty much use-able. But would you guys know also if there is a shelf life for ink pads? Just curious...

I have too much paper...But ledger, notebook and graph prints as the base for my layouts I always find charming (hey, that's just me..). So I bought a few from Luxe, Sandylion and Creative Cafe.

Something to look forward to...T minus 20 days... It was on a special price and I didn't want to lose sleep thinking of what might have been (been there and it's not fun).


No comments: