Was my first thought when I wanted a really clever name for the bookmark I was going to make. But I will be saving that for a future project (I actually stumbled upon a website about a bookmark saying just that, but age got the best of me and I forgot where in cyberspace I saw that).

Bookmark

Materials: Cardstock: Bazzill; Alpha Stickers: Doodlebug Design and Making Memories; Sheer flowers: Maya Road; Felt Flower: KI Memories; Stamp: Purple Onion Designs; Stamping Ink: Tsukineko; Brad: Making Memories; Ribbon: May Arts
* finally got to use the Fiskars puncher

Sure there are ready made bookmarks for purchase anywhere, why not buy? I just wanted to do my own (what with a ton of scraps laying around).

Notice I've now watermark-ed my pic.. It's just protection if in case somebody was insane enough to grab photos of stuff that I have made. We can never be too safe now - what with the technology and transparency we have on the internet. Most - if not all - of us are sharing our work in good faith but some of us can fall prey to predators and leechers (it's sick and unacceptable but it does happen). So my friends, watermark before you become a victim.


So I've finally picked up a book again. A few posts ago, I mentioned about 'Dreams from my father' by Barack Obama and I finally snagged a copy from my friendly Harris bookstore. I did go a li'l wild and picked up these as well:

An excerpt from 'Me talk pretty one day'


'The Italian was attempting to answer the teacher's latest question when the Moroccan student interrupted, shouting, "Excuse me, but what's an Easter?" The teacher called upon the rest of us to explain. "It is a party for the little boy of God who call his self Jesus. He die one day and then he go above of my head to live with your father. He weared of himself the long hair and after he die, the first day he come back here for to say hello to the peoples. He nice, the Jesus."

Hilarity... I almost guffawed in the bookstore when I read this..

On other scrappy news, our June SC Kit was short-shipped! Our add-ons were not shipped together with the main kit and we may have to wait for a few weeks for it to arrive. The May kit was short shipped as well and since we went crazy with the July add-ons, we are crossing our finger that this won't happen again.

Have a great week ahead!

No comments: